MSIV
Friday, October 28, 2005
  Step II COMLEX and USMLE passed
I finally received the score from the COMLEX part II today (well, I didn't receive it - it was finally put online where I could view it). I passed, pretty convincingly. On COMLEX step 1, I scored in the 99th percentile nationally. I repeated that performance on step 2. The same for USMLE steps 1 and 2 - with the exception that I scored in about the 94th percentile on both in the nation. Still, very impressive in my opinion.

I'm still waiting on my PE score - which I think will be in about 3 months, but I may be surprised. They told us 10-12 weeks for scores to be released. I don't know what they are waiting for. They should have the score almost that day, except our progress notes, which they scan and send to various parts of the country to be graded by actual physicians. The rest of the exam is graded by the lay performers who are paid to act like they are sick.

Wonderful system, huh? Physicians being graded by people with no medical knowledge. Sounds like we're asking for trouble...
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Ahhhhh.. 4th year. If the rumours are true, this will be a cake walk. Herein is my online account of my 4th year of medical school - follow with me to see if the hype is true or lie.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006


Powered by Blogger