MSIV
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
  First Interview invitation
9/14/2005
Dear Mr. DeLaughter,
Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency/Traditional Rotating Internship Program here at St. Luke's Hospital-Bethlehem. It is my pleasure to offer you an interview for a position in our internship class for the 2006-07 academic year. If you are interested in scheduling an interview, please contact our administrative assistant, Ms. J.B., at 555-555-5555, or e-mail at changed-email@slhn.org

Once again, thank you for your interest, and we hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,

J. E. P., D.O.
Internal Medicine Faculty
St. Luke's Hospital-Bethlehem

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received this email today (without the alterations). I was freaking stoked! I looked at the email, and then looked at it again to make sure I had read it correctly. Then I checked to make sure I was logged in to my email account, and then I looked at it again. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.

After the initial shock/surprise wore off, I was able to actually comprehend what it said and I became worried. I applied for an internship position, not a position in an Internal Medicine residency. So I emailed the person indicated in the email to clarify before I take the interview. I'd be unhappy if the internship tracked directly into the residency, because nowhere on their website or on the ERAS application does it say it does so - and also this hospital is one of the one's I'm really interested in for my internship.

We'll see, I suppose.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Ahhhhh.. 4th year. If the rumours are true, this will be a cake walk. Herein is my online account of my 4th year of medical school - follow with me to see if the hype is true or lie.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006


Powered by Blogger