MSIV
Monday, September 19, 2005
  A couple of days later
Well, it's been a couple of days and I've received a couple more interview offers: One from Reading Hospital in Reading, Pa and another that I received today from Wilson Memorial Hospital in Johnson City, NY. So, in one week of certifying my application I have 3 interviews out of a total 12 programs to which I applied.

Now I just need to figure out how the whole interview system works. I'd like to take care of as many of these as I can while I am up in Penna next month, but I don't want to miss my entire rotation for interviews. I also don't want to have to keep going back and forth between Texas and New England for interviews. People that apply locally have it easy! If only I were interested in staying here :)

I'm really excited about interviews, though. A little nervous nonetheless, but excited. I've never been one to try to sell myself to a company or program. I like to go in, talk a bit, and get to know everyone. I always feel like interviews are about selling yourself, and that makes me feel like a used-car salesman. I know it is expected of applicants to be bouncy and overzealous. I just wonder how they will view a down-to-earth, low key guy. I hope it's not bad. I have great numbers and a solid app, so maybe that will give me the opportunity to be a little more low-key than some.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Ahhhhh.. 4th year. If the rumours are true, this will be a cake walk. Herein is my online account of my 4th year of medical school - follow with me to see if the hype is true or lie.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006


Powered by Blogger